Sunday, January 1, 2012

A year of lots love and progress

There's something lovely about day one of the New Year falling on a Sunday. So I'm prophetically declaring 2012 a year of ability and prosperity; a year to increase, to bloom and to make a difference!

Make no mistake about it though, the secret is in what you're going to put in. Put in your all and be sure to bear much fruit. If the obstacles come as they are bound to, you defy them like Arnold Schwarzenegger, removing the damaged eyeball from his eye socket in The Terminator.

People celebrate the dawn of 2012 in Hong Kong
My plans are already laid, and I can feel reverberations conspiring to make things happen for me! Knowledge is power, and I recently discovered power in non-fiction books that I intend to gobble up like doughnuts on the breakfast tray. I'm already feeling a little liberated after reading Denis Waitley's Seeds of Greatness while Carmine Gallo's The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs is up next.

There's probably nothing that spurs me like the written word, I'm going to make this your favourite Sunday column and publish the great Ugandan novel (yes)! I think it's that mega rapper Tupac Shakur who said we turn words into money, and I'll be writing lots of stuff; making lots of money because, man, I've a dream car to buy too, and I've to give back to society, and more stuff, if you know what I mean.

Richo just told me he's building a rocket to take him to the moon before the end of this year. And I just said, way to go buddy! It's so invigorating to be surrounded by optimists; the world is for the optimists to conquer!

That fine writer Anatole France, said, "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan but also believe." I don't know about you, but I've dreamt and planned enough, and so action time is this year!

I'm taking the plunge; taking someone's daughter home to my parents! Clap for me because it has never been easy for men to conquer their apprehensions and reach this irrevocable decision of asking for a woman's hand in marriage.

So yeah, go ahead and bask in the promise of the New Year, but if you forget everything, remember love. As that silken-voiced Nigerian singer Nneka put it, love’s the heartbeat of life; the beginning, the middle, the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment