Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Where am I?

That's a question everybody reading this does better asking themselves again and again. Having a constant awareness of your current station in life rids you of the complacent bug and keeps you in  progression mode.

The reason some people are static is because they have ceased keeping tabs on where they want to go in life. You do that by constantly reviewing where you are because knowing where you are will provide that spark for your next move; it makes you realise you are not a complete article yet and must keep reaching out for greater heights. 

Know where you want to go and try your best to get there
It is said that there is no difference between those who are great and those who are not. They all have red blood and all don't like falling sick. What makes the great great is that they never thump their chests and say "I have arrived." Rather they figure out where they want to go next and channel all their energies into getting there.

Consider my friend Brenda. After acquiring an  undergraduate degree, Brenda had a moment of introspection that made her realise that she needed post-graduate qualifications as well. She started saving some money and when she had enough for first semester tuition she filed an application and got admitted. 

 "As soon as the forces of destiny realised I was determined to get a Masters degree they did everything to make my dream come true, otherwise I would not have managed to raise the rest of the fees," she recently told me. After a quiet spell she added, "Now I want to pursue a PhD and become a lecturer of Theology at a university and I know that dream will come true too."

I was with Brenda at Campus and easily connected with her because of the inspirational focus and drive that made her indifferent to anything that would not take her to where she wanted to go. She always knew where she was and where she wanted to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment