Thursday, November 10, 2011

In Urgent Need of a Lamborghini

Have you ever seen an entrepreneur without a car? That was my small voice asking on the night I decided I was going to begin living large. It was a vexing question I quickly dismissed with deserving contempt. I mean even an idiot knows cars are not made for entrepreneurs only.

the fabulous Lamborghini
Everyman ought to have something to spin! And I don’t mean anything on four wheels but a beautiful monster like the Hammer H3 or something that epitomises the latest trends in the automobile world.

Some people have said you are not a man until you own a house, but more men out there would rather have the refined car first, the house later, at least for bragging purposes. I mean which lady wants to know you own a house when you pad to work everyday? Is she playing hard to get? Park that Lamborghini in front of her and come tell me how she responded when you said hi!

I don’t know about you but the optimist has wanted a car from the day Fr. Wence first parked his red Volkswagen Beetle in my father’s compound like a zillion years ago. Some people have talked of love at first sight but it was more than love for me. I was a keen boy of about five years but I have never forgotten his dazzling ‘frog!’

Later at school when the teacher asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I simply said I wanted to drive a car like Fr. Wence’s, and the teacher smiled. But the exposure that comes with growing up changed my vehicle tastes to match Karl Benz’s. Rather than the vintage thing that was Fr. Wence’s, I now visualised myself cruising a dark gray convertible with flashy personalised number plates and tall gorgeous women screaming my name and begging in sultry voices for a ride in my powerful acquisition.

All that has remained a fantasy, er, a dream maybe, because dreams do come true, right? How awfully painful it is to be in love and not be in position to quickly obtain the object of your desire. So I’m sourcing grand ideas on how to acquire my kind of car in the shortest possible time. Don’t tell me to rob a bank because I’m too young and precious to die, and when I have attained the object of my desire, I will remember to give you a lift!

No comments:

Post a Comment