Sunday, February 19, 2012

My take on Valentine’s Day

My younger brother received a call from a girl asking about his Valentine's Day plans. Until then, I had forgotten it is that time again! And when he asked what I think of the whole thing anyway, it was a perfect opportunity for me to vent:

"Before you even seek my opinion," I began, "maybe you should tell me where a brother can find asylum from the onslaught of the flagrant reddishness and the ridiculous lovey-dovey associated with Valentine's Day. Why don't we even drop the euphemism and call it by its true name - 'Promiscuous Day' – because that is what February 14 is all about!

And before you stone me, hear me out. I'm not here to denigrate love (far be it from me), but to shed light on the superficiality and foreign brouhaha surrounding the whole thing as should be dreaded and shunned by all romantic purists.

Certainly, we have a lot to unlearn from civilisation and more to learn from ancient Africa and its reverence of sex. When Hollywood crept into our living rooms with its strange way of doing things, our women started wearing and painting their lips red, and demanding chocolates and flowers. If you don't get it, look out through your office window on Valentine's Day and you will understand.

The lost generation is endorsing the abnormality that is homosexuality as normality. And no doubt, they are looking forward to February 14 so they can cruise on the 'love boat' and drink 'fine wine' before dimming the lights for more of the ugliest carnal stuff you don't want to imagine!

The deeper love like this, that respects the wedding ring, is threatened
The days when our ancestors used to shove down the precipice randy people are all gone. So people are drinking inequity like water; fornication is served like katogo and virgins are laughed at. The deeper love is threatened; the love that respects the wedding ring, the love that celebrates sex in the confines of marriage, the love that leads to children who are raised by both parents, the love that the posterity of humanity is dependent upon.

These are dangerous times, no doubt. Strange creatures are walking the earth looking for whom to devour. And they are known to pounce more devastatingly on days like Valentine's. Imagine waking up on the morning of February 15 and finding you spent a night with a ghost!

Step out, yes, but with utmost sense. Otherwise, thank you for allowing me to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment