Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Why we pick that 'uneducated' woman

They say if you marry an uneducated girl, what will you talk about with her? But most educated girls I've related with don't like to talk about things, rather they like to argue about things. Even a simple request like, "Honey, can you fix me a cup of tea" can spark a storm.


"If you want some tea, get off your lazy ass and fix it," they say without lifting their eyes off that telenovera or whatever  keeps today's 'liberated' lady glued to the small screen. Besides tv the other thing they care about most is visiting the beauty parlour, where they spend a lot of money enhancing their artificial beauty as if their creator did a poor job! 

But that girl you say is not my "class" on account of her not having gone beyond S.4 delights in serving me. Her  eyes shine like the moon when she kneels to serve me a cup of tea, and her face radiates at every sip I take.

Thrice or more a week you suggest that we eat out because you're too tired to cook or could it be that you don't want to spoil your nails by peeling matooke? Meanwhile that lady you call ignorant finds joy in fixing my favourite dish because she cares for her man more than she cares for her nails.
When I surprised her with a new dress she shed a tear of joy. But when I surprised you with a pair of shoes you complained that I should have consulted you first, you said you would have preferred a new phone instead. Your arrogance and insensitivity make me shudder.

Being with you is tumultuous like the waves pounding the sand. But that 'ignorant' girl listens to me and treats me like a king. She delights in loving and taking care of me as men ought to be loved and taken care of, why shouldn't I  reciprocate? Who wants to be stuck with an educated albeit quarrelsome lady when the one without books is tangibly calming like watching the serene waters of a river on a beautiful evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment