Monday, January 14, 2013

A great discovery


This is going to excite all the bachelors in the house. Because,
finally, the cure to your kitchen woes has been found. It is even more
exciting because I didn't spend reclusive days and nights in the
labaratory conducting several  experiments leading to this great
discovery.


Those who have not been there may not fully appreciate this simple-to-prepare yet special dish that is here to save us from the distresses that come with trying to fix a meal. If you have not had to throw away rice because it is too burnt or too watery and looking like
some stale pottage, if your tongue has not been burned like pepper as mine has been after putting way too much salt in my macaroni, then you will not appreciate the potency of my discovery.

With this discovery, we are not going to be hurried into marriage so that somebody can cook for us. You women are no longer going to brag that the quickest way to a man's heart is through his belly. Even
this fallacy that all men bumble in the kitchen whereas for women the art of cooking comes effortlessly, is going to be disproved. In fact, it already has because the last time I checked, a man was the bestchef in the world. 


Anyway, my discovery started with my beautiful neighbour
returning from the village after the New Year holiday, and knocking on
my door with a huge cluster of matooke. I don't like matooke and the
labour of peeling but it would have been rude to refuse the generosity
she moreover topped with a killer smile. So I accepted the provision
intending to pass it on to a friend who cooks. But I forgot until five
days later. By this time the cluster was beginning to yellow and I
found the idea of cooking ripe bananas irresistible. So I unwrapped
the peels with the dexterity of a monkey, filled my small saucepan,
sprinkled pounded groundnuts on top, added water and cooked.

A few minutes later I was having my meal, and oh how sweet!
All a bachelor has to do is buy some matooke, leave them a couple of
days to start ripening, peel, add pounded groundnuts and cook. That is
all it takes to have the quintessential bachelor's katogo that will
have you licking your fingers ravenously. How I would love le grand
chef
Kadumukasa Kironde II to try it out and tell the world what he
thinks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment