Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The beauty about marriage

One of the things I look forward to is going down on a bended knee and asking the woman I love to marry me. I hope she will say I yes.  I've already gone beyond the traditional 'marriage age', and in a day where we are expected to conform to common standards, it is understandable why my people are worried for me. 

It's one thing that's amazing how we do things in Uganda. Everyone wants to take part in making decisions for you even when you are a sane adult, educated and knowledgeable enough to make sound decisions for yourself.  It can stretch a man's patience but you have to remain polite about it but keep doing your thing until you are ready to make that leap that will light up their faces. 

Fortunately for my father, I believe in love. I believe in marriage. I believe in the posterity of the human race that is sustained through reproduction. My Creator urges me to produce, multiply and fill the earth. Who am I to say no to something so fundamental?

Ed Wheat writes in Love Life for Every Married Couple that "just about everyone inwardly longs for a thrilling love relationship involving oneness, a deep intimacy with another person, joy and optimism, spice and excitement, and that wonderful, euphoric, almost indescribable sensation known as 'being in love'". It's this kind of romantic love, when explored in marriage, that Ed observed in his long career as a doctor and marriage counselor that gives one "a new outlook on life and a sense of well-being." 

Psychologists agree that "true love in marriage brings out the best in us, giving us the will to improve ourselves and to reach for greater maturity and responsibility. This love enables us to begin to function at our highest level."

Evidently, a ring means a whole lot more. That's why I'll soon walk down the aisle a fabulous woman I'll love till Jesus comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment