Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A beautiful dream

I stopped outside your father's house in a 1957 Cadillac El Dorado Convertible that my grandfather left me. You came out flying like a bird, your polkadot red dress dancing in the wind like the wings of a dove.

"Put this on and let's go somewhere exciting," I said as I handed you a dinner dress I had bought with a year's savings. A marvellous look came into your eyes and you cooed, "Wow."

I used to have a crush on Nicole Ari Parker
But more wow was the way you looked in that dress; how it revealed your heavenly figure and kissed the ground beneath your feet as you walked towards me. You picked your jewelry like a connoisseur to complement your dress and your self-assurance completed the look. I knew you would the best thing at the party, and I was not wrong. I needn't have worried about my jealousies; your way of warding off unwanted attention with your cutting look kept away those useless men.

That evening, I didn't hear a thing of whatever was said at the party. I was being tormented by a gripping presentiment that the mission I meant to accomplish later that night would probably go wrong.

After the party we drove in silence till we stopped outside your father's house. You hesitated and pecked me on the cheek. "I had a glorious time," you said, "thank you." You stepped inside and I watched the door of gate begin to close in slow motion.

"Wait," I shouted before I was shut out completely. And out of my pocket came a little box that I gave you and asked you to open right there. You gave me a look of utter surprise, then total interest, and I watched with a pounding heart till the box revealed a ring that sparkled goldenly in the light of the gate.

"Santurina," I said going on bended knee, "will you marry me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment